Are you Maximizing your Markets?
The Total Addressable Market (TAM) assessment leverages actual longitudinal data to uncover your true market potential. Establishing an accurate, credible independent assessment of the growth potential of your marketplace impacts:
- Investors’ willingness to devote capital
- Company productivity
- Marketing strategy
- Company valuation
- Your ability to conduct analyses
- Company and product success
What is a Total Addressable Market Assessment?
Modus Health Group’s Total Addressable Market (TAM) diagnostic is based on our proprietary longitudinal healthcare market.
Each dataset is organized by:
A TAM assessment delivers a comprehensive, data-derived estimate of the possible expansion of your marketplace. Our datasets provide a thorough, all-encompassing view of the entire patient journey, enabling easy identification of patients who may need your product.
Why Modus Health Group?
Our expert team mines longitudinal data to produce credible, data-backed results. Modus Health Group analysts provide product-level forecasting and estimates to many top MedTech and Biotech companies along with investment firms actively funding the healthcare industry. Not to mention, our market sizing models are built with trusted HIPAA-compliant data to determine your potential market share.
Relying on qualitative sample results alone will limit the validity, dependability, and interpretation of any sizing exercise. In the past, numerous qualitative studies of the same subject have produced significantly different outcomes.
Quantitative methods provide higher validity and reliability, as they utilize larger sample sizes and are based on tangible data. Data-derived market sizing through Modus Health Group’s TAM assessments affords you greater transparency to neutralize bias.
Why should I use a Total Addressable Market Assessment?
Think of Modus Health Group’s TAM diagnostic as a helpful peek into the future. Using Modus Health Group’s TAM data will provide you with vital insights into your market including, but not limited to:
- Patients per doctor specialty
- Current-Year market size and growth by diagnosis
- Out-patient/in-patient status
- Newly diagnosed patient share by indication, geography, and demographic
- Age & gender by diagnosis
- Medication use vs. surgery use by diagnosis
- Comorbid condition share of diagnosed patients
- Treated patient share by procedure type, geography, and demographic
- Average volume of diagnosed patients by practice type
- Payor mix by indication
- Duration to surgery or therapeutic
Data affords a deeper level of market analysis not readily available through other means such as qualitative surveys. Greater market transparency realized through data provides more opportunity to uncover potential users of medical services, therapeutics, and devices. Market sizing based on longitudinal datasets also fosters a more efficient and timely method to produce a comprehensive profile of the healthcare market that you care about.
Countless MedTech companies, biotech companies, investment firms, and venture capital groups can benefit tremendously from the validated market share that the TAM diagnostic can determine. Move past muddy numbers and foggy estimations to benefit from the clarity of Modus Health Group’s Total Addressable Market assessments.
In the scenario above, a qualitative sample’s limited data has produced inaccurate results that threaten the validity and usefulness of the sizing exercise. The TAM assessment uses tangible data and larger sample sizes to minimize losses and give you a comprehensive understanding of your market, as demonstrated by the red shaded area.
What Can Total Addressable Market Data Do?
A TAM assessment delivers a comprehensive, data-derived estimate of the possible expansion of your healthcare marketplace. Through dependable hard data, you can uncover new patient populations based on at-risk segments for larger markets and greater growth.
Below you can see what TAM data does in a handful of available markets. Rollover / touch the images to view more information.
A Cardiovascular Market Estimate
- Uncovers at-risk cardiovascular populations by comorbidity
- Contrasts patient demographic by treatment type
- Assesses market growth potential by surgical specialty & practice type
An Orthopaedic Market Estimate
- Determines device market share by procedure
- Analyzes device usage share by patient
- Establishes market growth segment priorities by historical usage trends
A Screening & Diagnostics Market Estimate
- Determines test compliance by demographic
- Prioritizes diagnostic usage by formulary
- Assesses diagnostic market share by geography
An Oncology Market Estimate
- Provides history of medical tests ordered at diagnosis
- Delivers average treatment cost by indication stage and facility type
- Shows patient-specific disease stage and chemotherapy cycles administered